Attic and loft thermal insulation - SPU Vintti-Iita
- Board sizes:
- 1200 x 2600 mm (70 mm also available for panel size 600 x 2600 mm)
- 70 / 90 / 120 / 160 mm
- Thermal conductivity:
- λD 0.023 W/mK, diffusion-tight coating
- Full tongue-and-groove edging on the long sides, straight short edges
- Aluminium laminate on both sides of the board
Utilisation of a cold atticIn many buildings, insulating a cold attic is a sensible way of acquiring more usable space. Also, insulating an attic that is already in use with the SPU Vintti-Iita method could reap considerable energy savings. The heat losses from poorly insulated attic spaces in many houses are substantial.
More spaceSPU Vintti-Iita produces a highly efficient result compared to conventional insulation solutions – with a much smaller insulation thickness. So SPU Vintti-Iita can give you much more height and useful space in your attic.
Using attic spaceIn many cases, the detached house packages delivered to the customer include space reserved for an attic. There is no space in the attic that is actually used at the time of construction, however, and therefore the attic is not insulated. These solutions are generally designed so that the space can be usefully utilised at a later time, so SPU Vintti-Iita insulation boards are an ideal solution for this kind of space.
The core of SPU Vintti-Iita insulation is SPU Vintti-Iita insulation board, which is installed between the supporting structures. A ventilation gap of at least 50 mm should be left above the insulation board, between the upper surface of the insulation board and any roof-covering sheeting. After this, either an SPU Anselmi insulation board with a plasterboard surface ready for finishing, or a chipboard-surfaced SPU Wilhelmi insulation board is installed onto the inner surface of the structure.
Panelling as interior liningIf a panelled interior lining is chosen for the structure, we recommend SPU Sauna-Satu or SPU AL insulation boards for the insulation layer. The boards are installed onto the structure by nailing or screwing, transversely to the roof supports. The tongue-and-groove seams between the boards and the joints with the frame are always treated with sealing foam. Batten strips for fixing the panel boards are nailed to the surface of the SPU insulation boards at the points of the roof supports.
Structural layers recommended
- Attics of new buildings: SPU Vintti-Iita 160 mm + SPU AL 100 for roofs, and SPU Vintti-Iita 70 mm + SPU AL 50 for wall structures.
- Attics of old buildings: SPU Vintti-Iita 120 mm, 90 mm or 70 mm for roofs, and SPU Vintti-Iita 90 mm or 70 mm for wall structures.
- Interior insulation layer: SPU Anselmi / SPU Wilhelmi or SPU Sauna-Satu / SPU AL.
- SPU Vintti-Iita of 70 mm thickness is also available for board size 600 x 2600 mm.
- SPU Vintti-Iita insulation board has full tongue-and-groove edging on its long sides, and the ends are straight.